Monday, June 2, 2008

Electric!

WHOA!!

Now most of you know I love lightning storms, rough weather in general has always peaked my interest. Well last night it was drizzling and making things very comfortable for a good night sleep with my old beat up fan spinning away. Around 2am things got interesting as a solid rumble complete with vibration crawled past the house causing me to stir a bit. Ahh, the rain started to pelt the tin roof and the distant rumbling of thunder is a perfect potion for sleeping for me. Sometime shortly after the distant rumble became more of a not so distant cracking...LOL
I was still half asleep but enjoying the sounds and the energy from the storm when a giant clap of thunder hit so nearby that the light on the patio shattered from the vibration! WOW...That one actually made me flinch for just a second. Sort of a cool experience with a little I hope it doesn't get any worse thrown in for good measure. The good news is that the power stayed on. My old fan kept things even cooler with the help of the heavy rain and the occasional firefly would momentarily light up the room.

More later...

Curtis

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

curtis! congratulations on your progress with everything in panama! everything looks great, im so happy that the concrete mixer finally made it there! i am sitting here with your wife looking at all of your new pics, the childrens parade is too cute!! your parade was nice too, lol! we had a thunderstorm last night too, it was shaking the hospital...i don't think any of our lights broke though! i hope you are doing great!! can't wait to read more!!!

squirtis said...

thanks caitlin...I miss you..LOL